Thursday 29 October 2009

A calm mind, a calm night

I read something the other day that said Geminis have trouble sleeping because their minds are too busy. Geminis and health. I can totally identify with that so searched for mind quietening visualisations and here are some of my favourites.

1.   A calm mind for better sleep A brilliant insomnia website, full of useful tips.

2.   Internal Yoga A useful technique for relaxation before bed

3.  A visualization to calm the mind  A very useful activity

4.  8 tips to quieten the mind  Another excellent site with some good meditation resources

5.  Progressive relaxation  A very useful technique which can be highly effective

6.  A guided imagery technique for insomnia  I really like this one and will try it tonight

There are so many more out there on the internet, plus youtube has a lot of yoga and relaxation videos that might help.  Other ways I've found to help quieten my Gemini mind are:

1. Don't work too late (it's now 1.40am oops!)
2. Listen to relaxing music or a meditation podcast before sleep
3. Don't work in the bedroom - keep it a relaxation room
4. Write down the next day's tasks long before bed
5. Keep pen and paper by the bed in case I think of anything else I want to remember

To all of you who are having trouble sleeping, try some of these out. I'd love to know how you get on.

Sleep tight xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paula,
    A brilliant bit of writing, pulling everything together so well.
    Good sleep hygiene is everything. Gonna come off Twitter now (20:30) and wind down for bed.
    Goddnight,luv. Sweet dreams,
    John Harrison

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter