Monday 26 October 2009

Working my way round the insomnia

The insomnia isn't as bad now. Well, every other night it isn't too bad. I've now given up trying to get a 'normal' sleep pattern and have realised that going back to my old job of teaching adults in a difficult environment would not be the best idea. Instead I've decided to do freelance work from home. Perfect! I can work when I'm awake and it doesn't matter when that is. I don't have to lie awake for hours because I don't want to take a sleeping tablet for the insomnia - I can get up and do something, and it doesn't matter if I doze off again in the afternoon. Besides I can have clients in any time zone and still communicate with them in real time - wonderful!

Or is it? I might not have to get up at 6.30 every morning (which is the nightmare of many an insomniac) but the work of a freelancer isn't guaranteed, and it can consist of boring, repetitive work that can numb the brain... Or maybe it might actually help me sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter